Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Current Event Quiz 4.1


1. What are 5 key points listeners can expect to hear from President Obama when he gives his final State of the Union address tonight? Page A1 "The Presidency"

The 5 key points Obama will be talking about is breakup note. Obama will be explaining how he is not expecting to work closely with Congress his final year. Retrospective, meaning he will be trying to have all his accomplishments show presented to the public. Social push, meaning Congress will be trying to reach out to a wider audience by creating a snapchat account. Tee up for the democrats, meaning he's going to try and not let republicans reverse what he has done this year. For example gay rights. Austin represented, two austinites will be present during Obama's speech. 

2. How did actor Sean Penn play a role in the capture of drug lord "El Chapo"? Page A5 "Penn: 'nothin' to hide'

Actor Sean Penn flew to Mexico and met up with an actress who lead him to the drug lord. Penn and the actress where followed to their 'secret' meeting with the drug lord, that is how officials were led to track Gunzman down. 

3. Name 4 of David Bowie's most famous songs. Page A9 "True Genius" of pop music..."

Bowie's most famous songs were, "Space Oddity", "Fame", "Heroes", and "Let's Dance".

4. What is the projected Powerball lottery payout for the lucky winner when the numbers are pulled Wednesday night? Page B1

The Powerball lottery has a prize of $1.4 billion.

 Would you go to Star Wars Universe at Disney World (Why)? Page SA3 "Bring the galaxy closer...."

Yes I would go to Star Wars Universe. I would go because I love Star Wars. I would love to see all the props and what types of things the used to create the props in the movie.  The effects in the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens was amazing in my opinion, so I would love to see the things they used. I was wondering if the ships were actually life size or not so I  would like to go to Star Wars to see things in the movie and ask questions about the movie. I would also love to see some the props because I think it would be cool because it is just like art. 


Short Answer: If I could buy lottery tickets I probably would not. I would not buy lottery tickets because I feel like they are a waste of money other than the about 1% chance you win. I also feel like lottery tickets are almost like drugs. Once you buy them you will want to continue to buy more and more hoping you will win. I also feel that buying lottery tickets would make me lose hope because I would most likely lose every time I bought one. I do not think my parents have bought lottery tickets. At least I do not think they have bought them while I have been alive. Even though powerball is offering a lot of money and is a huge contest I would still not buy lottery tickets. 
If I were to win the lottery I would buy myself a private plane. I would do this because I have to travel a lot. The reason I have to travel so much is because I have to visit my dad and brother who live in Utah. In that case it would be awesome to have my own plane, that way I could visit them more and easier. I would probably also go on a awesome vacation where ever I wanted to go with my whole family(extended family). I would go with my family because they are all my best friends and I love them all so much.  I would also make a lemonade business with my best friend. With the rest of the money I would save it. You never know when money would come in handy. There are so many crazy things that could happen and then I would have money to pay for college. 
If I were 3rd place in the lottery I would probably do the same things as if I got first place, except I would make the vacation I was going on shorter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment