Friday, October 23, 2015

Current Event Quiz 2.2

1. What are the two potential causes of the Hidden Pines fire in Bastrop? Page A1 "New Hidden Pines..."?

Two potential causes for the hidden Pines fire are an overheating shredder and possible an intentional burn that got out of hands.

2. Why was Alan Guckian nominated for a music educators award from the Grammy Foundation, according to the man who nominated him? Page B1 "Eastside band director...."

Guckian was nominated by SualPaul. SaulPaul thought Guckian was an obvious choice because "he's awesome, he had a natural passion, they go above and beyond and he interacts with his kids really well".

3. Who is the favorite to win the F1 race to be held in Austin at the Circuit of America this weekend? Page C1 "Hamilton nearing  F1 season crown"

Lewis Hamilton

4. Name 3 types of apples mentioned in the story on page SA1 "Fall in love with apples"

Ginger Golds, honey crisps, and jonagold are all apples mentioned on "Fall in love with apples"

5. Which of the 8 items in the "worthy of splurging" sounds like something you would like to try? Page D3 "Healthful foods are worth price tag"

Good dark chocolate, parmigiano-regiano, smoked paprika, real vanilla, pure maple syrup, wild rice, extra-virgin olive oil, wild rice, balsamic vinegar, 



My parents and I have considered buying an actual textbook not online to replace ones online. We did this because it is to hard to remember to get to the textbook online and figure out ow they whole thing works. My house does not have the best wifi and it does out a lot so I have needed a real textbook a few times. I got a real textbook for english because I knew it would be easier that way.

Yes, not having a textbook has hurt my grades. One time I got assigned a textbook(online textbook) assignment in math and I did not know the question numbers we were supposed to do on the assignment so I could not do all the homework. Therefore I ended up missing so many that I would get a better grade if I did the questions and turned the paper in late so that is what I did.

I do not think going all digital is a good idea because not every one had access to the internet and things get messed up way easier on a electronic device. It is also easier for kids to gat away with things when they have their homework on they computer because they can say it was broken and the teacher would never know.

I do think the trend is going to continue in the united states because people think that students need to get educated in electronics more because there whole live is going to revolve around them. Using electronics also helps to save trees and paper.

The district decided to get rid of textbooks because they cost so much money and they are a hassle to keep up with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment