Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Student of the Month Rough Draft

Who:Luke
What:Luke became student of the month
When:At the beginning of the month, October
Where:James Bowie High School
Why:Luke qualifed for student of the month and exceeded all the expectations.
How: Luke worked very hard 

Lead:
On October 1 at James Bowie HS freshman Luke W., was announced to be the new student of the month, for meeting all the expectations while running for the award.

"It feels great to be student of the month. I think I became student of the month because I got involved in band and I got good grades," said Luke.

When Luke first learned that he had became student of the month he was full of happiness because now he knew that all this hard worked had paid off.

"Yes, I do feel all my hard worked paid off now that I am student of the month because I worked hard by going to school extra then I had too," said Luke.

Being of the student of the month is a big accomplishment that comes with many pros, but there are cons to every good thing that happens.

"Pros of being student of the month is that it looks good on a college appellation. Cons of being student of the month are that your friends are mad at you for being better than them," said Luke.

Luke was happy that he became student of the month, but Luke seems to think his peers were not so happy about the decision that was made.

"My peers did not congratulate me because they we're jealous that I became student of the month and they did not," Luke said.

As Luke said there are some cons to being student of the month. Being student of the month is a great privilege to every student who becomes it, but every student of the month has a bad experience during their time. Luke seems to have already gotten his over with.

"The worst part of being student of the month so far was the awards ceremony. This was hard because I had to give a speech. I don't like speeches because speeches require me to talk," Luke said.



Becoming student of the month is a difficult task that takes a lot of effort and hard work. Luke managed to do all this,  but as most people he needed a little bit of help and support from others.

"There were many people who helped me. They decided to help me because they knew I had the spirit to become student of the month. I did have teachers help me to become student of the month. Mr. Lauer helped me because he motivated me," Luke said.

Geography teacher, Mr. Lauer, has Luke as one of his students and decided to help him achieve his goal when he figured out that Luke was wanting to become student of the month. Lauer knew that Luke could become student of the month if he had a little help with things he didn't understand, a place where he could focus on his work and study, and some one who would motivate him.

"I decided to help Luke because I noticed he made pretty good grades averagely and he wasn't even trying super hard, so I figured with a little motivation and help on things he didn't understand great he could become student of the month easy. I also enjoy Luke as a student, he never messes around and he tries to do his best," Lauer said.

Lauer seemed pretty confident in Luke the whole time he was running, but he did have some doubt.

"When I first started helping Luke I thought he has a pretty good chance of becoming student of the month. I wasn't positive because it was to early in the month tho tell and I did not know who else was running. At the end of the month I still couldn't tell if he was going to make it for sure, but I knew he was definitely one of the top students in the running because he hit all the expectations and he's is a great student. I also saw that Luke was progressing greatly through all the time he was working," Lauer said.

Luke got great help from not only his teacher, but his best friend, Jacob.

"Luke told me he was running for student of the month about a week after sign up. He told me after a week because he wanted to make sure he was definitely going to run for student of the month. I think I helped Luke become student of the month in some way. On homework that he didn't understand I would help him figure it out, most of the time it was the other way around though. I also supported Luke while he was running for student of the month," Jacob said.

Becoming student of the month is a great accomplishment and the school community is always proud of the students that achieve this. Although Luke was proud of himself for putting in so much work he did not becoming to full of himself when he accomplished becoming student of the month.

"No I would not like to be student of the month again because I would like to give others the good opportunity that I have gotten," Luke said.


No comments:

Post a Comment