Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Current Event 5.3


1. How are AISD and the City of Austin working together to keep more money in the Austin community to use for schools? Be specific - Page A1 "City,Austin schools look for...."

The City of Austin has come up with a plan that nex year they could have a limited tax swap. This means that certain school services could be funded by the city instead of the school paying that money to the district. 

2. How many years will it take California and NY to raise the minimum wage to $15? Page A4 "Calif., NY to phase in $15...."

The minimum wage will raise to $15 by 2022, so 6 years. 

3. What school won the NCAA Men's basketball tournament last night and what was the final score? Page SE2 "Wildcats have finishing touch"

Villanova won the basketball tournament last night by three points. The final score was 77-74. 

4. Which of the 10 Amazing Destinations would you want to visit and why? Page SA1 "See the World" NOTE: This story jumps....

I would want to go to Canada because my aunt is from Canada, and she loves it there. She has told me many stories about Canada and I would like to actually put a picture to the place where all the stories took place. I would also like to visit Canada because I've heard they have really good food. 

5. Do you like idea of Instagram expanding videos from 15 second to 1 minute? Why or Why not? Page D1 "Instagram videos...."

I do not like the idea of Instagram expanding their videos to 1 minute from 15 seconds. I do not like this idea because 1 minute is to long. If they changed it to 30 seconds or around that I would not mind. I feel like 1 minute is too long though. Instagram is where you supposed to view clips of people's life, and 1 minute of a video is a drag to watch in my opinion. 


Short Answer:
The major candidates left in the presidential election are Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. I do not support a specific presidential candidate. I do not really like any of them that much. I do think the United States has become more divided in this process. I believe that Donald Trump is bringing out people with very big opinion. These people are holding on to their opinions very tightly and they get very mad and are against anyone who does not agree with them. What concerns me the most about this election is that the new president will try to change the United States governments and the citizens rights a lot, but I am afraid they will change it to something worse. All of the candidates do not really stand for what any of our founding fathers stand for and I am nervous they will lead the United States into war and division between states. The big  topics that are pushing the discussion are, for Donald Trump, he wants to build a wall across the Mexican border, expand treatments for people with mental health problems and wants to reform taxes into four brackets. Hillary Clinton wants to oppose the Trans-Pacific partnership free trade agreement, oppose Keystone XL pipeline, and wants to raise taxes on capital gains held for one to six years. The most important topic for me is taxes. I am nervous taxes will be raised and more people will start having to move into smaller homes without the necessities they need and or become homeless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment