Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Current Event Quiz 5.1

1. List the top 2 candidates in the Texas primaries for each political party and tell me the percentage of voters who selected them. Page A1, jumps to page A11 

Hilary Clinton at 68% and Bernie Sandars at 31%

2. How many students will benefit from a $1 million donation by Gregg Lowe and his wife? Page B1 "Couple donates $1M..."

There will be 600 new students that benefit from the $1 million donation.

3. What will Savara Pharmaceuticals do with its recently acquired $20 million? Page B7 "Austin's Savara raises $20M"

They are going to launch their new clinical trials of its inhalable drug called AeroVanc.

4. Which of the 4 streaming titles would you be interested in watching? page D2 "Austin filmmaker getting..."

I would be interested in watching "Before We Go"

5. Who were the two teams that beat the UT mens and women's basketball teams yesterday emphatically sending the message that neither team is ready for the post-season and what was the score in each game? Page C1 (Hint: the boys played one team and the girls played another, they are not the same school)

The girls basketball team was beat by Baylor with a score of 74-48. The boys basketball team was beat by the Kansas Jayhawks with a score of 67-37.


Short answer:
I do not think apple should be forced into making a back door into people's iPhones so they can get people's information. That is just not right. Nobody would feel safe. It is exactly like if someone was in your home all the time just watching and listening to what you are doing. If people don't agree with someone watching you in your house it is not okay to have someone looking at your information on your phone. If someone took my phone I would hate if they were looking at my information. I don't even have anything bad on my phone and I'm not even on it that much, but these people would be able to have access to my friends, family, activities I do and notes I write in my phone. There is a fine line when it comes to "national security" having access to your phone and it depends on the person. If the person has a record and is caught doing bad things national security should be able to have some information that they know of from there phone. They should not be able to be on it all the time just seeing what the person id doing though. I am not allowed to have a lot of social media on my phone I only have snapchat, so my parents do not check my phone that much. Every once in a while they will or if I leave it home they will, but that is just because they want to make sure nobody is cyber bulling me its not really because they are nervous I am doing something bad.  I do think parents should check kids phones but they cannot be crazy about every little things. Obliviously kids are going to make mistakes and they have to keep that in mind. I think kids should be able to use electronics on there own in privately when they are 12 or 13. I believe this because at this age they need to start being able to use electronic devices in school, there parents know if they can trust them, an because they will be hanging out with friends and need to be able to contact parents and or other adults. 

No comments:

Post a Comment