Thursday, February 4, 2016

portraits and self portraits

1. Alter your perspective
2. Frame an interesting composition/obscure part of your subject
3. play with eye contact


Environmental Portrait:

I choose this environmental portrait because it is mysterious, but has meaning. It shows the type of environment where these kids could be living, but it show so little the person looking at the photo wants to see more. It leaves the person who wants to see the photo wanting to see more.

Photography Self Portrait:

I choose this photography self portrait because I think it is mysterious. Again it leaves the person that see the photo wondering about what was happening during this, and what inspired this. It makes me want to know more behind it. It allows you to create so many different stories in your head of how this photo could be created and inspired. You wonder what the subject it thinking too.

Casual Portrait:

I choose this casual portrait because it is happy.  I like how the kids are interacting with each other. I like how intrigued the little boy looks when he is looking at his brother who is interacting with the flowers. I really like the environment they are in. The picture makes me feel happy and calm, so I enjoy it.

1. The characteristics of a environmental portrait is that there is some form of the environment that the subjects interacts with possibly normally.
2. The difference between  environmental and a casual portrait is that an environmental portrait is focused more on the environment the picture is taken in. A casual portrait is focused more on the people in the picture.
3. To get a really good self portrait you have to find a good background and you need to make it meaning full in a way. It should not just be of your face. They need to be personal and moody. You need to show your personality and yourself.
4. For an environmental portrait I would like to get a very good lighting photo on a day where the sun is shining. I would like to get a photo focused on the environment more. For a self portrait I would like to dig into my emotions and I would like to take a close up with a calm, but fu background. For a casual portrait I would like to take a picture of someone in my family just being themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment